Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MIY Spring Fashion Recrafted ~ Enchanted Maiden



This is a fun kind of post. This spring and summer before you even step foot in a fashion store, I invite you to first go through your wardrobe and have a look at what you already have from last summer and even treasure from years ago. You will be amazed on how easy it is to revamp your spring summer fashions with style and color. A great way to revamp and revitalize your wardrobe with a fresh new look, is to paint on it. At style, designs and yes colours.

I took a simple cotton summer dress painted on some flowers. Total cost $5.00. It’s an “All Dress”, meaning that I can wear several different ways from beach dress to cocktail dress, from spring right into the fall. I keep posting the different variations of this dress throughout the spring summer and fall seasons. I’ll show you basic ways you can accessorize a simple dress to create different looks with it. From the spring Enchanted Maiden look, Summer evening Tango fiesta etc….

Now the funny part of this post is that I did a mini How-to do it MIY fashion video of how to paint on your fashions. I would often do some of my son for the kids pages. So I turned the camera around for this summer fashion series.

Lately I’m working on a business plan to recycle all the MIY columns that I have done over the last six years. And when I met with a business councilor he had a very good question for me. He asked me what kind of lifestyle do I want to go with my business plan. I had to think about that one. To realize that, no I don’t want an overscheduled life like Martha, or Debbie Travis. I like what I do and I want to keep doing it, I’m just doing it differently. I don’t want to do a big TV production, nor do I feel like driving into town to do that. Since I give many lectures and demos, I thought I would add miy how-to videos to my website. Here’s the first one of the series, show how to paint on cloths. No it not about beauty its about energy, I shot it myself, I did one take and it was a lot of fun, and YNW that’s how I like it. It’s about as being real. It like inviting you into my home to show you privately to make and do things. Making things with what you have to look your best for less.

This is a new series I’m working on. Pictures on instructions to be posted later this week.
Let me know what you think. Have a look at the MIY painting on Fashion video. The video may take a minute or two to load up depending on the type of computer you have. I’ll have to work on finding a simpler posting format.

Since it’s a very cold and rainy spring here this year, one can wear this basic $5.00 dress in different ways, with a jacket for evening, with a fringe vest for fun wear, and even with a big sweater for those cooler evenings at the cottage. I’ll be posting the different variations throughout the season.


© All Rights Reserved 2009- MaddyLane Photos and text are copyrighted - by MaddyLane Designs...No Commercial Usage or Reproduction Allowed. Thank you!
www.maddylane.com

No comments: